Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Review of Avoiding Commitment by K. A. Linde

So Avoiding Commitment.....I took the time to digest this book before writing this review. I had to.

I don't think I've had these kind of feelings before about characters and a book....This book pissed me off. I was expecting angst. But I was not expecting to hate the characters. I was not expecting to seriously stop reading this book and have to be basically coaxed, cajoled, into pushing through.

But I did, for many reasons, and I'm glad I did. I found myself starting to root for Jack and Lexie. Two cheaters. Seriously???

WTAF

Then Ramsey was introduced. OH MY DAMN! He was one big reason why I pushed on through. I wanted him with Lexie. I wanted her to see that there was something better than the self-absorbed asshole...oh, I mean, Jack.

I could forgive Ramsey for being related to Bekah, the Twat of the Book. (What a freaking b!tch!) And I did forgive and was #TeamRamsey all the way...well, except for that one chapter when I was actually rooting for Jack and Lexie.  (let's forget that happened LOL.)

Man, writing this review I'm getting all riled up again.  Deep breaths.

And that's the reason why I'm giving this a 4 star rating instead of something lower. Kyla worked my emotions like a big ol' masseuse can work my sore muscles.  




I'm pretty curious to see what happens in the next books of the series. I want to see how Lexie grows.  At the beginning of this book, I did not think I would be at this point, but I am. I really am.

Well done!

Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding, #1)Avoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment