Friday, January 31, 2014

Catching Inspiration

When inspiration strikes, how do you record it? Do you send yourself a message, an email, a voice memo? Or do you make use of the tons of notebook apps out there on your phone? Or do you go the old fashioned route and keep a notebook with you? Let me know in the comments. Even if your method of inspiration catching isn't listed here. 

To be honest, I utilize all these methods (I have been known to bring my phone into the shower when inspiration strikes), but the one that I use the most are my notebooks. I can't tell you how many I have because quite honestly, I do not know. What I do know is that I always have three around with me. One by my bedside, one at my desk and one for my purse. 

My wonderful notebooks :)




These are filled with Post-its of every size and color. I like to write on those so I can move things around, rearrange the flow of a scene. And for whatever reason, my thoughts just come more easily when I have a pen, a pad of Post-its, and my notebook. 

My first drafts have all been written this way. Heck, I have even revised with Post-its before typing in the first draft.

I <3 Post-its.  



God, I feel like Brick from Anchorman. 


And with that thought, I will say goodbye...and maybe watch Anchorman. Super Duper!



Okay....I'll quit with my Anchorman references now.

No comments:

Post a Comment